Bryston BP-2 Phono PreamplifierBryston
Bryston BP2 Phono Preamplifier
Bryston's new BP-2 phono preamplifier applies our extraordinary low-distortion, wide bandwidth amplification to your record collection. Available in either MM (moving magnet) only or MM/MC (adds moving coil), the BP-2 is a perfect match for most available cartridges today. Both versions include switchable capacitive loading for use with moving magnet cartridges.
The MM/MC version adds a pair of ultra low distortion, wide bandwidth step-up transformers (the same ones used in our TF-2) to add compatibility with low output moving coil carts. The transformers can be factory wound for an additional 20dB or 31dB of gain.
Power the BP-2 from your existing Bryston MPS-2 DC power supply or from the new PS-3 DC power supply.
Inputs: 2x RCA, 1x Turntable Ground
Outputs: 2x RCA
- MM gain is 41dB, MM/MC-20 gain is 61dB, MM/MC-30 gain is 72dB
- Switchable capacitive loading between 100µF and 400µF for MM cartridges
- Exceptionally flat frequency response +/-0.1dB 20Hz-20kHz with inverse RIAA EQs
- Powered by outboard Bryston MPS-2 or Bryston PS-3 DC power supply
- All steel chassis and top